Monday, March 10, 2008

Hold Your Tongue and Your Email

There has been a disagreement about certain attempted limitations on Sarah. In this whole sorry mess, a person has written something in a public place about Sarah. I found the post and am really hurt by the comments. Not only am I hurt, I am also angry.

The comments also hurt Sarah "to the bone." She rarely gets upset about things but her hurt was very evident and my heart was broken for her. I always want to "fix things" for the people I love but these kind of things are unfixable.

My initial reaction was to confront this person directly, immediately and unkindly. I'm not really sure what has stopped me. I haven't gotten away from that feeling to retaliate yet but keep praying for the right action or inaction as the case may be.

I've always said that the old saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me," is the biggest lie that was ever told. Please think before you post things in a public place. You may be able to remove the post but you really can't remove the pain from the person you hurt.

I think I'll go get the dog's bone and chew on it for a while and say a few more prayers.

No comments: