Thursday, November 22, 2012

Family Thanksgiving






Well, all the beer is gone, the food has been put in smaller containers and put away in the fridge and the kitchen is clean.  The Turkey bones and juice are in the pot for soup or stock for another day and we are 'bone' tired; but very happy.

We did eat a little late and since there was 16 of us we set up everything outside, which allowed the boys and Trinny to play as loud as they wanted and we could enjoy eating sort of together.  Family eating together, that's what this day is about, and for Kay and I this is a most WONDERFUL day indeed.  A day that I thought could or would never happen; but has, in a big way.  A day of sharing with my Son and his girlfriend, and my Daughter and her boyfriend and their mother.  I am truly thankful that they came and ate a little something after they had a meal with their other 'family'.  I know how difficult that can be for some; to eat two holiday dinners.  We did that for so many years; not wanting to ignore one's family.  I am thankful for Reed, who took the last two pictures of me. As someone who always is taking the pictures, I am not in very many of my own pictures.

It was a wonderful day of ruckus laughter and noise and of stories told on each other; a time to meet Kay's adoptive family with the 3 happy and loud kids.  Their laughter and love with stay with us for a long time in our home.  Hopefully, the next time we can get together there will be 4 more who will meet everyone and reconnect with this family of love.

Thank you ever so much my Children for a truly wonderful Early Christmas Gift EVER!!!!

No comments: