Monday, February 23, 2009

Facial features

I am reading several blogs that describes the writers, are going through, or have scheduled or is planning the ffs, Facial Feminization Surgery. Although, I would never push anyone to transition faster that what they are comfortable; I know for me there several features about my face that I would change if I had the money. The same features that my wife thinks are so cute on me. I have had several women comment about how the features of my face are typical for females in general. That the typical face of a woman that others see is not the same features that I have stared at in the mirror through the eyes of a person raised male. Each of us must decide for ourselves what it takes to match up the person we know us to be and the person we see in the mirror. We must come to terms with the image of the mind's eye and who is seen by others.

Learning to use makeup is a process of trial by error for me and probable for most of my sisters out there daring to transition. Again even though I grew up with four sisters, I was never afforded makeup lessons by my mother or my sisters. It was only learning from the women who worked the cosmetic counters who gave me my best tips when I had makeovers done. After using a number of different brands from the discount stores and other lines of cosmetic from various department stores, I have settled with the MAC line of cosmetics because it gives me the freshest look and stays on the longest. But it wasn’t until this past Sunday that I received a most flattering compliment, the hotel clerk was very complimentary about how my makeup looked and couldn’t stop looking at me, I guess my dazzling looks blinded her to see only the woman standing at her counter, and exclaimed that she thought my makeup looked great, that I looked like a “doll”. I thanked her graciously and told her what makeup I was using. I had changed to the liquid foundation at it really makes my face ‘glow’, so I was really excited and pleased. It’s nice to know that I can look more glitzy when I have the opportunity to dress up.

When one has a limited income, we have to choose carefully those things that will give us the most benefits for our money, those procedures that are beyond our financial reach will have to wait for another day. But having other woman praise the looks that can achieve by other means, goes a long way to being more confident with yourself.

No comments: