Friday, November 19, 2010

Mozart Rehearsal

As I said, last night's rehearsal was the first time for orchestra and combined chorus. The University and Community choirs joined with the Colquit High School Choir as an inspiring opportunity to sing a large choral masterpiece. The first rehearsal was almost overwhelming even for me as an experienced singer, one could easily become too immersed in the movements with 8 voice lines with orchestra. I have had the opportunity to sing a number of major works around the world, but last night could very well be the ultimate performance for me.

In talking with some of the High School choir members, I learned during the break that they had been working on the piece for the whole school year and they know their parts very well. While we, of the community chorus, have only had rehearsals one night a week for 9 weeks. I am so excited to be able to participate in singing the Mozart's Mass in "C".

No comments: