Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shopping Overload

Warning; to those who love to shop, this might sound strange!

I do love to shop when I am in the mood, and we have shopped at Macy's in both Gainesville, and Tallahassee, but this past Friday, we were in Atlanta and Kay wanted to stop by Macy's to look for some nice tops. It had been a rather long day for us as we watched our little one from 7:40 to 1 pm and then loaded up the car and drove to Atlanta. Of course we stopped by Macy's before we checked in for the night. I was tired but wanted to look for some tops for me, and since we have both lost weight we were in smaller sizes. I went upstairs to visit the Misses department as was immediately overwhelmed by the quantities of designers much less with the vast amounts of clothes and styles. I was disoriented since this store had grouped all their clothing by designers and not by sizes I quickly realized. Much to my chagrin, I also realized that the clothes on the second floor only went up to a size 14; not what I was looking for. The sale people were trying to be helpful, but when one doesn't really know what she is looking for, I was like a deer caught in the headlights, didn't know where to turn or run to, so I slunked back downstairs rather glassy eyed and found Kay. She said she would go with me to look when she finished her shopping, but it was getting late and so we left Macy's and checked into our room and crashed.

The next morning we had some time to kill, and feeling much better even though I forgot to bring my sleeping medicine and slept fitfully, we went back to Macy's because Kay wanted to get a top she passed up the night before. That was when I realized that this Macy's has an entirely different system of sizing their clothes. The smaller sizes in the Women's section went down to a OX which the sales person explained was really their Extra Large size, so I immediately found a wonderful black and white dress what would look better for the occasion than the dress I was wearing that morning's Nurses Pinning Ceremony we were attending that afternoon. I found lots of wonderful clothes, but we were running out of time and I really needed a new dress.

So, the lesson to be learned is not to go shopping when one is tired and is not in the mood.

No comments: