Tuesday, March 4, 2008

As the two auntees, we have tried to help educate those who are interested in learning about what it is to be trans. We have spoken to college classes for the past four year about us, our lives, and being out in the community. After speaking to a class this year, I was invited to audition for a part in the Universities upcoming 'Vagina Monologue'.
On the night of the auditions, Kay was attending a church vestry meeting that would be discussing my bathroom privileges; of which the discussion eventually fizzles and died on the floor. Meanwhile, I was reading for the transwomen part and another monologue. I am glad to say that I will be reading both monologues in the upcoming presentation.
After the first meeting of the cast it was decided to have a 'pajama party' and for everyone to have the opportunity to do some body casting which will be on display outside the auditorium. I am looking forward to the 'pajama party' with members of the cast as an opportunity to educate others and as an opportunity to bond with the cast members.
This will be a first for me, and I will keep you posted.
--Sarah

No comments: