Thursday, March 13, 2008

PATHS

The sad pain is hidden from others eyes.

There is something wrong deep within.

Your inner voice acknowledges it’s not your fault

But, you are afraid to give recognition to the flaw.

Afraid to step from the well worn path.

The calm surface disguises

Turbulent waters running beneath.

Family and friend’s words of flattery confuse,

You are unclear of their true meaning.

But if the flaw is true and

Your World is all one big lie.

Then you must decide once and for all

Which path is you!



My path in life was easy to find but difficult to take. After much anguish and soul searching prayers, I realized that for me, happiness was a journey toward living with integrity, traveling down the road I was becoming familiar with. As in Robert Frost's poem, The Road Not Taken; and the last few lines " Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

The differences for me was the contrast of the not only the quality of living, but also the possibility of losing the love of family. But I have always preached to my children that anyone's life, however lived, if there is an absence of truth and integrity ,then you can not look other's in their eyes and be honest to yourself.

My favorite quote is psalm 84, verse 11, "Nothing will G-d withhold from those who lives with integrity."
Our paths in life are what we make them, and how we live them. I will always believe that the path that I am on, is the path that G-d created for me. It was up to me to find and walk his created path.
And if I am wrong in my beliefs then that is between myself and my Creator when I stand before the judgment throne of my G-d. It is not anyone else's earthly judgment that I am bound to accept.
Sarah



No comments: