Sunday, March 23, 2008

Vagina Monologues

Well, the first week of rehearsals are in the books, so to speak. We finished up with a Saturday's run thru and everything went very well. One mother in the group, who's baby is due the 17 of April, became noticeably emotional as she was reading her monologue, quite moving. Everyone was almost crying with her. The night before the members of the cast got together to do some body casting to display out in the foyer of the building. A lot of the women had molding of their breast done; it will be encouraging to see differences between women. Especially since they did a cast of my one breast and the scar from the mastecomy.
Over the week I have been drawn into the arms of a special group of young women, and I have been awed by their candor, wit and charm. This Vagina happening will always have a special place in my heart; of which I will long remember with great respect.
Only four more rehearsal then opening night. Can't wait.

No comments: