Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Opening Night

All the dress rehearsals are behind us now. All the group costume changes, I have three by the way, seem to be going without incidents, except for the occasional opening of the doors. Of the 3 costume changes for us, the last is in the white nurses uniforms with the caps that Kay made is the best of the show. Kay copied the caps from the cap she wore during her student nurse days at Georgia Baptist Hospital in Atlanta, which is now Georgia Medical Center.

Everyone seems ok with changing together, but of course it is theatre and all. We have managed to condense the original show down to about 2 hrs and 40 min with a 15 min intermission, while keeping some parts of the good songs from the original.

I am really excited and now I am having fun with my small part; I am still having trouble with the lyrics of "Honey Bun" for some reason. I will try to get it all together for opening night tomorrow. Break A Leg, as they say in show biz.....

No comments: