Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Party's Over

I can't believe that we have performed 'South Pacific' for the last time. I will so miss the wonderful people, the long nights of rehearsals, the laughter and antics from various cast members. We did 10 shows in three weeks after what, 9 weeks of rehearsals. I was totally expecting someone to throw a fit over my being in the show; or at least stand up and declare my story or something dramatic. But nothing, which I really am glad didn't happen. For me this has been best experience of me being on stage, anywhere; period. Even with my musical performances, with community groups and being cast as a village person in "The Merry Wives of Winsor" or getting to perform the trans monologue two years ago in the Universities production of "The Vagina Monologues" and again last year. Being in this show as Sarah is the ultimate confirmation that I am just another woman and boosts my ego so much.

2 comments:

Kay & Sarah said...

There is no doubt in my mind. She is ham!!

MadPriest said...

The smell of the greasepaint. The applause of the audience. The adulation of your many fans.

CRAP!

Admit it woman! It's all those young men in sailors' uniforms that you're really going to miss.

Never mind. Go home. Pour yourself a sherry and stick "On The Town" in your video player. Then dream of the leading female role in "Madame Butterfly." You'd be perfect for the part, darling.